Monday, September 10, 2012

A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness | Book Review



Category: 
Fiction, Young Adult
Format: Hardcover,ebook
Page Count: 215,124
Language: English
Published: September 27th 2011 by Walker Books (first published March 5th 2011)
ISBN: 1406311529 (ISBN13: 9781406311525)
About the book:
The monster showed up after midnight. As they do.

But it isn't the monster Conor's been expecting. He's been expecting the one from his nightmare, the one he's had nearly every night since his mother started her treatments, the one with the darkness and the wind and the screaming...

This monster is something different, though. Something ancient, something wild. And it wants the most dangerous thing of all from Conor.

It wants the truth. (more)

My Review: 5 out of 5 stars
I'm immediately warped into Conor's world...I thought it would be scary but this was a different kind of monster.A psychological case yet in some ways real truly this story is about his way to cope with his life,other sort of changes and challenges he must face.I like the Yew Tree fact I learned a lot from it I didn't even know that it has some very amazing cancer healing properties and I love how the monster narrates each tale in which you might thought this but then you'll be proven wrong or convince otherwise.

It's really tough to have someone sick in your family.Conor handled it rather well for his age and proved that he's a strong kid in the making.A tear jerking story!

2 comments:

  1. gr8 review . i feel the only one that has not read this book yet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!I'm glad you commented and that's ok you are not alone some of my friends haven't read this yet.

      Delete