Monday, September 9, 2013

The Shadow of the Wind (The Cemetery of Forgotten Books, #1)by Carlos Ruiz Zafón

Category:Adult,Mystery,Historical Fiction
Format: Audiobook
Duration: 18 hrs and 10 mins
Page Count:487
Language: English
Published: April 12th 2004 by Penguin Audio
ISBN: 0142800791 (ISBN13: 9780142800799)
About the book:(from Goodreads)
about a boy's quest through the secrets and shadows of postwar Barcelona for a mysterious author whose book has proved as dangerous to own as it is impossible to forget.(more)

My Review: 5 out of 5 stars
I like Jonathan's voice his pronunciation definitely brought the characters to life!

:OMG THIS BOOK! so many unexpected twists and turns! I got quite confused at first because I never thought there would be so many characters and chain of events/involvements put together that even happened way back in the day of the story we're all witnessing it's so good! W:OW! I'm amazed how well put together this novel was and the characters wh:oa! some of them they got me going there they made me think maybe this guy is the culprit or maybe that guy over there but it's all under my nose this entire time and Oh dear Fermin you funny guy!(especially at Chapter 16)I like how he compare guys as light bulbs and girls as iron when they heat up. I somewhat like the ending such a rush it all went by so fast! to think how much time lapse.

here's some of my favorite quotes:

"There's no such thing as dead languages only dormant minds"

"To truly hate is an art one learned with time"-Daniel

"We exist as long as somebody remembers us"~Jullian Carax

"only 3 or 4 things are worth living for the rest is manure!"-Fermin

"saint holy shit and holy cow"-Fermin(chap25)

"destiny is usually just around the corner like a thief,hooker or lottery vendor is 3 most common personifications but what destiny does not do is home visits you have to go for it!"-Fermin

"Never trust he who trust everyone"-Don costavo

No comments:

Post a Comment