Sunday, March 8, 2015

Daylight Savings: Spring forward!

I love it! well more on the time going back an hour part haha but today's March 8th so yup that time to spring it forward here in the USA.

In the Philippines there's no such thing as daylight savings due to its geographical location which I find rather sad when I learned that there is such time to save in other countries in those days when I was still a young student I really hope and pray there is such thing in my hometown that way I could sleep and do more when time falls back haha!

maybe that's why I appreciate it more this time going back and forth thing when my mom and I immigrated also not to complain about it since I don't have it in the first place and now that I do have a chance to do so it kinda feels so liberating in a way.

due to my curiosity I searched for the history of daylight savings around the interwebs and so happy on what I discovered (if the interwebs is to believe that is) here's the link to that. At first all I know was about Benjamin Franklin's essay (some parts of it at least) here's a quote from that linked article



Benjamin Franklin

American inventor and politician Benjamin Franklin wrote an essay called “An Economical Project for Diminishing the Cost of Light” to the editor of The Journal of Paris in 1784. In the essay, he suggested, although jokingly, that Parisians could economize candle usage by getting people out of bed earlier in the morning, making use of the natural morning light instead.

Before I haven't really seen what it's like in Paris or anywhere in europe besides photographs on books and sometimes in the interwebs but when a friend of mine shared on one of here social media sites what it's like at 9pm in Paris I was like whoa!so sunny and bright wth?! *mind blown*

so I further more think that Benjamin Franklin's essay made a lot more sense, genius,economical and awesome idea! Time's definitely a lot more weirder in other parts of the world or so also another supporting story was when my father told me in which for example in the Philippines when it's 5:30-7pm it's already/really dark and when he was in Vienna,9pm it's still so bright outside he remembered he needed to utilize the curtains in order to go to sleep.

anyway, cheers! to those who thought of daylight savings \_/ \_/ without you I wouldn't be able to enjoy this kind of thing.








No comments:

Post a Comment