Friday, December 28, 2012

The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien | Graphic Novel Review




Category: Fantasy,Classic
Format: Graphic Novel,abridged
Page Count: 144
Language: English
Published: May 29th 2001 by Del Rey (first published September 20th 1989)
ISBN:0345445600 (ISBN13: 9780345445605)
About the book:
When Thorin Oakenshield and his band of dwarves embark upon a dangerous quest to reclaim stolen treasure from the evil dragon Smaug, Gandalf the wizard suggests an unlikely accomplice: Bilbo Baggins, a quiet and contented hobbit. Along the way, the company faces trolls, goblins, giant spiders, and worse. But in the end it is Bilbo alone who must face the most dreaded dragon in all Middle-earth—and a destiny that waits in the dark caverns beneath the Misty Mountains, where a twisted creature known as Gollum jealously guards a precious magic ring. (more)


My Thoughts:

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

I read this in preparation for the upcoming movie I love the colored illustrations,very much enjoyed the scenery and Tolkien's world building.The First time I read the book I never imagined it to be like this I thought it would be much darker like when Bilbo met Smeagol in the cave.This was very enlightening experience for me.The Dwarves names/roll call is like a tongue twister and I can't remember who is who and what is what good thing for these illustrations a-ha! I'm so excited to watch them live in action and listen to their songs. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment