Monday, October 19, 2015

Lolita (1997) | Movie Review



Director: Adrian Lyne
Writers: Vladimir Nabokov (novel), Stephen Schiff(screenplay)
Stars: Jeremy Irons, Dominique Swain, Melanie Griffith |See full cast and crew »
Runtime: 137 min
Genres: Drama, Romance
Release date: 25 September 1998 (USA)
Synopsis:

A man marries his landlady so he can take advantage of her daughter.




My thoughts:
Watch out! here comes LOLA! Dolores such child is so out of control!very precocious!

to be honest I have no idea what's it all about at first all I know is that there's a book that I haven't read but people throughout the years have been raving about.This story so screwed up! ABOMINABLE! I tell ya hahaha

I like how this story brings some awareness about familial relations,what's right and wrong and mental issues. I think the term would be as they call it dysfunctional family...The guy didn't actually move on and was scarred early on with his first young love at an early age of 14. As for Dolores well she didn't grew up with a father with only her mom by her side who couldn't control her they're always yelling or arguing but there are some times they're okay and civil with each other. Now in real life if children like these do the same they would get spanked and punished a lot I imagined (especially if you have strict parents or coming from southeast asia) haha!

Spoiler alert!

She got pregnant with some guy and she's smoking!? srsly while pregnant? OMG!she's so messed up!
I don't know if anybody told her the consequences of smoking during  pregrancy that poor child!


Sad ending really -_-

Overall 3 out of 5 stars I think they all need some counseling and psyche consult! 





No comments:

Post a Comment