Monday, August 12, 2013

A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire #2) by George R.R. Martin

Category: Adult,Fantasy,Science Fiction
Format:Audio book
Page Count: 761
Language: English
Published:October 16th 2006 by Books on Tape
ISBN:0739353462 (ISBN13: 9780739353462)
About the book:(from Goodreads)
Time is out of joint. The summer of peace and plenty, ten years long, is drawing to a close, and the harsh, chill winter approaches like an angry beast. Two great leaders—Lord Eddard Stark and Robert Baratheon—who held sway over and age of enforced peace are dead...victims of royal treachery. Now, from the ancient citadel of Dragonstone to the forbidding shores of Winterfell, chaos reigns, as pretenders to the Iron Throne of the Seven Kingdoms prepare to stake their claims through tempest, turmoil, and war.(more)

My Review: 3 out of 5 stars

I tuned in all the way to the audiobook read by Roy Dotrice it was a bit weird & I still got confused with his voice the way he delivered his lines since I got used to GOT read by Roy Avers but it was ok and tolerable.

There's lots of planning,death,backstabbing,blackmagic,tricks,bits of action here & there.Darkness & well I didn't expect Freedom but it was really nice also the great escape was a great treat.

I'm so proud of myself *pats back* I never thought I could get into this book/series and a lot characters POVs. I'm completely at awe due to a lot of additional and awesome appearances of other characters in the story they definitely add a lot of flavor,characteristic,resistance and more epic details. Some of my favorite new characters in this book The Reed siblings they're so nice & embraced their God given gift & talent WOW!

and oh Renly I knew it! Rainbow knights eh? ;) I just hope he stick to the rule in ascension.

The Hound surprised me :O

So proud of the Stark house.STAY STRONG!

New Characters I love to hate Melisandre I don't know whether she's up to good or bad or completely manipulative.I just hope Stanis stands up for himself.

About the HBO TV SERIES, well there's quite a lot of variation in season 2 & 3 mix in this but it's all good although I thought that season 3 will be about book 5 but it's still early for that.I'm looking forward to all of these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment