Friday, August 9, 2013

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire #1) by George R.R. Martin

Category:Adult,Fantasy,Science Fiction
Format: Audiobook
Page Count: 864
Language: English
Published:August 1998 by National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
ISBN: 0553588486 (ISBN13: 9780553588484)
 [This is the other GoT ISBN edition's I can't find the one for this audio version :| ]
About the book:(from Goodreads)
Summers span decades. Winter can last a lifetime. And the struggle for the Iron Throne has begun.As Warden of the north, Lord Eddard Stark counts it a curse when King Robert bestows on him the office of the Hand. His honour weighs him down at court where a true man does what he will, not what he must … and a dead enemy is a thing of beauty.The old gods have no power in the south, Stark’s family is split and there is treachery at court.(more)


My Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars

It took me awhile to finish this..I dropped and picked it up multiple times for there are some things that just bore me and can't visualize at times.I watched the HBO tv series that's now been going for their 3rd season which is fantastic!hooray! this truly helped me a lot they're quite faithful to the book. That's why I decided to listen to this again to clear my confusion.At first like I said I found it boring but then as I tune in for more ,listened to it patiently whenever I got freetime or if I'd like to go handsfree from reading (multi tasking) I appreciated the very essence of audiobook read by Roy Avers it was really nice...I like his voice.

I found myself rooting for some characters like Arya,Jon,Daenerys & Tyrion.This is also the first time the word Bastard enlightened me in a whole new different level (well I never thought of it that way but when I thought about it some more I guess Mr. Martin was right afterall haha I'll never think of that word the same way ever again!)

My favorite character by far is Arya I like her a lot I definitely saw some of myself in her growing up.The gender bender aspect caught me by surprise..sad & nice at the same time.My least favorite is Sansa typical princess and love blind to Joffrey I don't think it's even love in the first place since they're so young perhaps a puppy love ( or like a wolf to a lion love haha)she's nice & courteous though I sense there's something brewing inside of her like the Lannisters.I despise Joffrey the first time I encountered his character he's such a spoiled brat rotten to the core!.Cersei,is also one of the characters I love to hate with a passion and don't let me start about little finger ugh such guy.

The dire wolves OMG! I love them so so much.Very Adorable & fearsome!

The house banners & sayings/quote/oath some are creatively made that sometimes completely sum up or at least you'll get the idea how the rest of the houses are.

I never thought and I feared for Eddard's life also for his beloved family they're so nice.I understand why he has done it although I prefer otherwise & as the story progress it shocked me for such revelations,lies & deceit.OMG! The Game of thrones is definitely the perfect title for this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment