Monday, August 3, 2015

Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse | Makeup Review



This is the first time I bought Maybelline's foundation I researched beforehand. I heard and read nothing but good things about this one. This one might be just the one for me...I bought the shade 200  creamy natural at Ulta for $8.99.

back part
The top part comes with a free sponge and that's where you just basically store it unfortunately there's no mirror but I don't really mind.


the bottom part is the foundation.

the foundation doesn't really smell like anything

finger swatch

Packaging: Plastic and simple.The bottom part which is transparent looking I thought was glass at first. It's quite elegant looking very presentable and sturdy. I'm a bit surprised when I got it I thought the top part would be flat but actually has a dome shape slight curvature design.



Claims & My Thoughts:




-Skin looks and feels hydrated for 14 hours- never rough or dry
      I have dry to normal skin right now I don't feel hydrated when I use this product I still need to use a face mist/ moisturizer beforehand  so this product won't accentuate some dry areas on my face (dry patch alert!) After 5 hours and 30 minutes even with moisturizer and primer I notice the product gradually fading and my face looks dry up close. The never rough or dry I guess depends if you have a really good skin condition and maintain a good skincare.
 
-Lightweight formula transforms from cream to liquid
      It does feel light as if you have nothing on (coverage; light buildable to medium) creamy texture. Can't really apply it with my fingers you have to use a sponge that comes along with it or use your own brush. I haven't used that one though as I used a wedge sponge I bought from Ulta so I'd avoid double dipping and I guess just reserving that one in case of emergency haha! mayhaps it will transfrom to liquid if you forgot about it outside and it's hot it will probably melt.

-Flawless, natural coverage provides a smooth finish.
        Indeed! it eliminated some redness and blemishes on my face although it's quite noticeable up close. Definitely evens out my skintone. As for smooth finish again it depends if you have good skin like if you exfoliated beforehand and such. So far so good.

Note: once opened used within 12 months

According to Maybelline's website:

100% BABY-SMOOTH PERFECTION
14-HOUR HYDRATION
Ideal for Normal to Dry Skin

Why You'll Love It

Unique cream-whipped foundation provides 100% baby-smooth perfection
Skin looks and feels hydrated for 14 hours – never rough or dry
Ideal for normal to dry skin types
Oil-free, fragrance-free, Dermatologist-tested, allergy-tested, non-comedogenic – won’t clog pores, safe for sensitive skin

For Best Results

Apply smoothly and evenly to your face and blend with the applicator.



With one layer on, no primer
Natural light from outside

Overall 5 out of 5 stars! I like this product so far, easy to use,compact,doesn't cause me breakouts, evens out my skintone, somewhat hides my blemishes, my go to product at the moment,quite long lasting ( 5 hours and 30 mins. isn't so bad to retouch even with moisturizer and primer on) , there's no need for me to put on powder as it feels and looks matte after application,quite a lot of product and pretty affordable too!

I think it would also be great for oily types as well (I'm not sure about the super duper oily)  this product is oil free,won't create a dry patch on oily types(I hope),won't clog pores and mayhaps create like a dewy flawless finish  although they have a matte mouse counterpart for this product. I think it's worth giving a shot!

1 comment:

  1. I had seen the Maybelline Dream Mousse foundation for years and years and was always about to buy it to try it but never got around to it. Glad to hear it was amazing! I am stoked myself to try the mousse some day.

    ReplyDelete