Thursday, July 30, 2015

Papertowns, Night on the town & Spoilers | Movie Review



Quick Synopsis:

A young man and his friends embark upon the road trip of their lives to find the missing girl next door.

Director: Jake Schreier
Writers: John Green (author), Scott Neustadter(screenplay), 1 more credit »
Stars: Cara Delevingne, Nat Wolff, Halston Sage |See full cast and crew »
Runtime: 109 min
Genre: Drama, Mystery, Romance
Release date: 24 July 2015 (USA)



My thoughts:

I bought an early release date night on the town screening. I found out about it after watching John Green's (vlogbrother video) wonderful announcement!

Anyway, I totally forgot about it I had a lot of things to do that premiere day that I'm not able to attend I also fell asleep and woke up the next day it's all over haha who does that? :)) later on the day I managed to redeem my ticket,poster and heart necklace that comes along the package deal so that was nice.

As for the movie there's not a lot of people on the 24th probably we're around 20 people or so mix of teens and middle age group.

SPOILER ALERT!
The teens squealed when they saw Ansel Elgot (Augustus Waters,Tfios) cameo role and some older adults don't really get it haha! and I like the santa send off parting gifts haha 


I'm glad and thankful that day as well I was seated in the middle the whole row of seats by myself solo OMG! feels so good I wonder if that's what directors feel like? xD

Overall the movie was alright, it was good although the story kinda drags and makes me want to fall asleep at times or maybe I'm just tired that day. The actors did some pretty good normal teenage acting Q kinda reminds me of John Loyd Cruz (Filipino Actor) in some ways the way he acts with his sad puppy eyes or something. Quite a different Nat and Cara pulled off her american accent well she's such a rebel. The ending was different from what I expected but oh well nice story. Q's friends they all went to a roadtrip of a lifetime they won't forget he seems almost crazy at first and near the end but all things end well so yeah...3 out of 5 stars. I think I like John Green's movies better than the books haha I like the visuals and character lines very modern/now. Although there are some bad actor angles they don't look as good you know and I find it weird because in their roadtrip not once did I see they changed drivers? really?seriously? all that driving men that's crazy! it was funny though.

No comments:

Post a Comment