Friday, June 19, 2015

Hannibal Season 1 + Spoilers | Tv Series Review


About the show:

An American psychological thriller–horror television series developed by Bryan Fuller for NBC. The series is based on characters and elements appearing in the novel Red Dragon by Thomas Harris and focuses on the friendship between FBI special investigator Will Graham and Dr. Hannibal Lecter, a forensic psychiatrist destined to become Graham's most cunning enemy. (according to wikipedia)

This show explores the early relationship between the renowned psychiatrist and his patient, a young FBI criminal profiler, who is haunted by his ability to empathize with serial killers. (according to imbd)

First episode: Apr 04, 2013 (13 episodes)
Genres: Psychological thriller,Food ,Drama,Crime,Horror,· Thriller

Characters:


[Left] Hugh Dancy - Will Graham (criminal profiler) [Center] Mads Mikkelsen - Dr. Hannibal Lecter (Will's Psychologist) , [Right] Laurence Fishburne - Jack Crawford (Head of the bureau)





Lara Jean Chorostecki - Freddie Lounds (Journalist)

Caroline Dhavernas - Dr. Alana Bloom (Will's psychologist)

Forensics team
Scott Thompson- Jimmy PriceHettienne Park - Beverly Katz , Aaron Abrams - Brian Zeller,

see full cast and crew here

My thoughts:

Now running on its third season I truly think it tells a lot about the show. If that poster didn't get to you I don't know what will haha! it's so freakin disturbing I tell ya and yet I can't stop watching it it's that good! I can't even sleep that much it makes me think about human psyche and actions, I hope nobody attacks me when I'm all alone or sleeping or something like that these thoughts hunts me, make me do a double take sometimes, just the mere impact of this show to me made me extra cautious about the world.

I only saw a couple of commercial ads from time to time before I decided to check it out to be honest if they first told me it's psyche and mystery and more brilliant crime ala sherlock I'd check this show out in a heartbeat.

On with the spoilers I can't really talk about this show without mentioning a lot of spoilery bits I'm sorry and some of the spoilers aren't really that spoilery haha I just like you to get a little bit of taste into it so you check it out hope it works? ;)


Spoiler Alert!


Dr. Lecter ,brilliant mind, it's scary how intelligent he is covering his tracks, actions, manipulating people, playing such a very disturbing role acting like God/Devil,Wolf in sheeps clothing. It's really hard to imagine how will they catch him? I hope the table turns soon!

Would you even believe Lecter go to a psyche consult? I guess he can't help himself sometimes, spill some beans without entirely spoiling it let some of his other side show from time to time and 

Dodging Death , I bet this is how the killer thinks in a killing spree
and Dr. Lecter's psychiatrist  (in which you'll find out soon enough or probably know of if you watched the show this is actually a bonus spoiler haha) OMG! I can't believe how calm she is despite what happened are psychiatrist really like this? she handled her situation fairly well although I hope she comes forward and say a couple more statements especially in season 2!

Will Graham's brilliance is also his curse and weakness.It's scary watching him dive into a killer's perspective yet very interesting at the same time his imagination is spot on epic! which kinda reminds me of Sherlock Holmes but more twisted. I like how he use his gift to find whoever did the crime and find justice for the victims. And yet in the end it got into him, he let his guard down. 

NO! why would they do that to him ?!
Will's  love interest Alana  (Dr. Bloom) grew on me although it's not so hard to imagine at all. I like how Alana believes in him in some ways can't help but doubt her decisions is he right? or wrong but how? her professional curiousity blossoms into something more she can't help herself wondering the what ifs in every situation.

Jack Crawford, he's a good man but I think sometimes how he use his manpower and decision making/leadership skills endangers some of his men and he still got long ways to go..

As for the forensics team I love how diverse their personalities are how quirky, funny and how brilliant they are in their own ways.

Final Spoiler Alert! 

how? you need to watch the show in order to find out. It's so scary I can't believe she did that on her own seriously by herself without telling anyone in her team or whoever her activities and whereabouts before marchin on. OMG! she's such a brave soul!

Overall I think this show is epic and disturbing I can't even sleep! haha so I gave it 5 out of 5 stars!
I might as well check the book out Red dragon by Thomas Harris I love this show!

What about you? please share some of your thoughts down below I'd like to believe I'm not the only one losing it with this show haha ^_^v

I need to sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment