Saturday, September 3, 2011

Sleep, Creep, Leap: The First Three Years of a Nebraska Garden by Benjamin Vogt


Source: Goodreads (First reads)
Category: Gardening
Format: Paperback
Page count: 112
Published: July 22nd 2011 by CreateSpace (first published July 11th 2011)
ISBN: 1463666594 (ISBN13: 9781463666590)
Language: English
About the book:
Peeling off sheets of skin from a sunburned back. Visiting five nurseries and spending $1,000 in an afternoon. Raising 200 monarch butterflies. Hearing the wing beats of geese thirty feet overhead at sunset. How one piece of mulch can make all the difference. These are the stories of Benjamin Vogt’s 1,500 foot native prairie garden over the course of three years. After a small patio garden at his last home teases him into avid tinkering, the blank canvas of his new marriage and quarter acre lot prove to be a rich place full of delight, anguish, and rapture in all four seasons. (more)



My Review: 3.5 out of 5 stars


If you like to talk/read stories about plants,enjoy and love gardening,then this book is for you!This composes random stories about how Mr. Benjamin Vogt started his own beloved garden,rants and life confessions,pictures and the best resources you could get and how you can be involve,where to begin etc.


This is a very short,easy read,light, fun book I learned a lot from it.It definitely boost my knowledge about plants and gardening like how you're suppose to care for certain plants and the environment,The best plant that's right for the season,what they look like and so on it also refreshed my memory about biology, scientific plant names and I've also discovered plants I've never even heard of, some that I saw in real life but not aware what they're called so this is very eye opening.I'm very much impressed and amazed how devoted Mr. Benjamin tends to his garden he reminded me of someone dear and close to me.Though I would really love it even more if the pictures were all colored nevertheless it's all good.I found most of his stories very funny, interesting and enlightening due to the fact that it involves everyday life experiences we often neglect to appreciate and just simply because it talks about the wonders of nature itself.Many thanks for sharing your stories Mr. Benjamin I truly enjoyed reading it If you could please lend/spare me some of your green thumb?that would be great :D

2 comments:

  1. I've never been very successful with plants; most everything I bring into the house wilts, lol, so I don't think this is the one for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by bookgirl well just keep on trying and planting who knows you might got some knack out of it plus it's very good for your health and environment ^_~

    ReplyDelete