Saturday, July 13, 2013

1984 by George Orwell



Source: Library
Category: Audiobook,Classic,Fiction
Format: Audiobook (unabridged)
Duration: 10.5 hours
Language: English
Published: April 12, 2007 by Blackstone Audio
About 1984: (from Goodreads)
Written in 1948, 1984 was George Orwell's chilling prophecy about the future. It presents a startling and haunting vision of the world, so powerful that it is completely convincing from start to finish.(more)





My Review: 5 out of 5 stars

Big brother is watching you!

Which reminds me of the reality show full of tasks and rewards that turns ordinary folks into instant celebrities coming out of the house way back in the day.

It took me awhile to get into it. I'm really grateful I got hold of the audio book.This is such a classic!it's really good and I love how it somewhat reflects what's happening nowadays or so we don't really know(unaware of),no power to,us being such a drone...it scares me! truly very enlightening!

I highly recommend it! whether you are reading it for school,for the first time,for fun/pleasure or simply would like to check it out go ahead and also give the audio book a shot especially if you find yourself stuck and don't want to read the book/if you're quite bored haha! I like the audio book Simon' Prebble's voice was Ok although I think Frank Muller's Narration was great as well more youthful and vibrant I think.

If ever you can't find or grab a copy of 1984 I'd like to share with you a site with an archived I found through google wherein you can tune in for free over there.Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment