Friday, July 12, 2013

Before Watchmen: Minutemen/Silk Spectre by Darwyn Cooke


Source: Netgalley
Category: Graphic Novel
Format: Ebook,Graphic novel
Page Count: 288
Language: English
Published July 2nd 2013 by DC Comics (first published June 2013)
ISBN: 1401238920 (ISBN13: 9781401238926)
About the book:
Back stories of now iconic characters : Minutemen & Silk Spectre

from Goodreads:
The Minutemen were assembled to fight against a world that have more and more rapidly begun to spin out of control.
SILK SPECTRE takes an introspective look at the WATCHMEN feature player's struggles with her overbearing superhero mother and her scattered path toward taking the mantle of the Silk Spectre.Takes a very different perspective at the world of BEFORE WATCHMEN.(more)


My Review: 5 out of 5 stars

"There are all kinds of sane ways to help you community that don't involve a mask and short pants" ~Nite Owl (Mason Hollis)

"You see a problem fix it!" ~Mason Hollis

I'm so freakin excited about this! this is one of my most anticipated graphic novel release.

I love the colors,how they're illustrated and the panels looks so beautiful and absolutely brilliant!some are drawn in a way you can see the big picture in small panel/chunks.

Dr. Manhattan

The stories told in a memoir sort of fashion,back and forth,lots of flashbacks here and there truly enlightened me how the group Minutemen was formed and the next generation of crimebusters.It cleared up a lot of things for me especially when it comes to watchmen.This made me want to pick up Watchmen and read it all over again.

I like how detailed every panel looks. Byron Lewis's story panels the way it's illustrated that moment he looks down in the building was absolutely fantastic and breathtaking!I felt that I'm there with him.I didn't like Dollar Bill his exposure is so commercialize! and Sally she's so overly dramatic (sometimes) although I'm really proud of Laurie Jane (her daughter),her story line during the woozy hipster era are so colorful and amazing it captured that high feel effect well.I love Ursula,she's so kick ass!her jump scenes greatly executed, truly an avenging angel!her story's so amazing,touching,traumatic and tragic but alas! Justice! best served cold pwahaha! I quite understand the comedian better I mean he's an interesting character alright.I somewhat agree with the other characters about Mason Hollis just want to lighten his load although without it there would be no story,prequel,enlightenment,before anything really..so I'm really glad in some ways I knew what happened.Thank you!

I definitely highly recommend reading this before watchmen especially if you're already a big fan of the series or if you simply want to check it out and have an awesome read.

No comments:

Post a Comment