Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury



Category: Classic, Science Fiction,Dystopia
Format: audiobook by tantor media
Page Count: about 179
Language: English
Published: 2010 (unabridged)
Duration: 5 hrs. 30 mins.
ISBN 10: 1400118182 / ISBN 13: 9781400118182
About the book: (from tantor)
A classic novel about censorship and defiance is as resonant today.(more)


My Review: 5 out of 5 stars

"Don't face the problem...BURN IT!" ~Captain Beatty

"To everything there is a season, a time to break down and build up, a time to keep silent and speak" ~Guy Montag

I tuned into tantor audiobooks for this one. I love it! (I'm into audiobooks these days)it's actually a great way to get into things and I love Stephen Hoye's voice (the narrator).

This is one of those books I've always wanted to read all I knew about it is that it's set in a time where they burn books and the temperature 451 degrees Fahrenheit is thy burning point.

And so I was greatly intrigued,shocked and surprised about everything!People brainwashed living the unthinkable drone life.

I like Guy his awakening sometimes remind me of myself.Reality checks are good. Clarisse,17 & crazy (no not really) she's a very interesting character indeed..she made me laugh and wonder with all her questions about life and the world.Mildred (Guy's wife) so annoying! the scene with her friends was so funny it made me want to chase them out myself! haha that's so cray! (they're so ugh).Anyway,I learned a lot from Granger he basically said what I needed and would like to know(so many great things he said I'd like to quote).His words of wisdom is definitely overflowing,very enlightening,stays with you & life changing!

I highly recommend this book to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment