Sunday, July 14, 2013

Vicious by V.E Scwab

Source: Netgalley
Category: Fiction,Adult,Fantasy
Format: Ebook,Preview Excerpt/sampler (109 pages)
Page Count: 368
Language: English
Expected publication: September 24th 2013 by Tor
ISBN: 0765335344 (ISBN13: 9780765335340)
About the book: (from Goodreads)
Victor and Eli started out as college roommates—brilliant, arrogant, lonely boys who recognized the same sharpness and ambition in each other. In their senior year, a shared research interest in adrenaline, near-death experiences, and seemingly supernatural events reveals an intriguing possibility: that under the right conditions, someone could develop extraordinary abilities. But when their thesis moves from the academic to the experimental, things go horribly wrong.(more)


My Review:

"You must make time for that which matters for that which defines you: your passion, your progress, your pen. Take it up, and write your own story.” ~Eli (p. 9-10)

"I want to believe that there’s more. That we could be more. Hell, we could be heroes." ~Victor (p. 51 & 86)


I haven't finished the book yet only at p.109 which is the end of the sampler and from that I can say Victoria Schwab got something really good brewing in here.I'd like to read and know more about it like how will the story end?.As for the characters well they're really an interesting,realistic and believeable bunch.I can relate to them their dreams,hopes,aspirations,emotions etc. their relationship with each other is quite fascinating. It's all about the law of attraction.The plot looks and sounds so convincing it made me correlate some of my life experiences and I hope other folks WON'T do something crazy after reading this heck it made me thought about how Extra Ordinary people and things are.

I like the character development so far they're beginning to grow on me,the pacing of the story just right not too fast or slow the flasbacks helps although I'd like to see some dates on the entries instead of 2 days ago,last night part indicator of present/past moments to get hold of things better.And more character description on what they look like also more details about their geographical location.

Anyway, at the moment I'll give this bit of a sampler 4 out of 5 stars.

I'm looking forward to the release date or an ARC mayhaps XD

No comments:

Post a Comment