Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Nightshade by Andrea Cremer


Category: Fiction,Young adult,fantasy,paranormal
Format: paperback
Page Count: 454
Language: English
Published: June 14th 2011 by Speak (first published October 19th 2010)
ISBN: 014241980X (ISBN13: 9780142419809)
About the book:(from Goodreads)
Calla is the alpha female of a shape-shifting wolf pack. She is destined to marry Ren Laroche, the pack's alpha male. Together, they would rule their pack together, guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But then, Calla saves a beautiful human boy, who captures her heart.

My Review: 5 out of 5 stars

Let's talk about the cover first..so the one I got is the repackaged one and this is what the original looks like:
It's so beautiful!

but then the one I got now (repackaged) makes a lot more sense (story wise).Nevertheless, I love them both ^^,

I've been meaning to read this book for quite some time now (I think that's how I usually say about them books haha!)but in all seriousness I'm so freakin excited every single time about my books and this series it looks so GOOD! and since I'm participating on a #30dayread challenge as seen here.And to think I'm into a sorta reading slump/funk whichever you prefer this is the perfect book and opportunity for that!

I love Andrea Cremer's writing style this is the first book I've read by her and I LOVE IT!(for the nth time) I like how every chapter's like 4 or less than 10 pages long and the black divisions by the phases of the moon.Her concept was so fantastic! I haven't read anything like it though I can see some patterns but I'm always looking forward to school life I think it's so interesting over there.It's also action pack from the very beginning til the very end I'm immediately hooked!

I like Calla's character she's strong,fierce,tries to uphold family wishes/expectation(s),knows her sense of duty and honor.I love Shay I think maybe because we had a lot of things in common like being human and all haha! he loves to read and we also had the same all time favorite books lined up he's awesome! now, about Ren...well (he almost have the same name as my brother haha!) he's actually really nice although a bit over bearing sometimes he's just being an alpha I guess and protecting his mate(s).

I dunno but I got this weird feeling of Vampire Diaries (Tv series) all over again all of the sudden.Maybe because of the repackaged cover she kinda looks like Vampire barbie: Caroline (Candice Accola)
so I can't help but imagine sometimes her being Calla (oh the Cs) 

and  Klaus being Ren

 then Tyler being Shay haha!

They might be a bit out of range (age wise or so) but hey that could work right? XD 
I think this is also a great way to get some vampire diaries (tv series fix, beside the books of that of course) 

I highly recommend this series especially to those of you who like werewolves or anything paranormal go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment