Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Poison Diaries by Maryrose Wood



Category: Young adult,Fantasy,Historical Fiction,Gothic
Format: ebook,audiobook
Page Count: 278
Language: English
Published: July 20th 2010 by Balzer + Bray (first published 2010)
ISBN:0061802360 (ISBN13: 9780061802362)
About the book: (from Goodreads)
A dark, gothic tale of romance... and murder. In the right dose, everything is a poison. Jessamine has spent her whole life in a cottage close to her father's apothecary garden, surrounded by medicinal plants and herbs that could kill her -- although her father has never allowed her into the most dangerous part of the grounds... the poison garden. And so she's never had reason to be afraid -- until now.(more)

My Review: 2.5 stars

I actually got an ebook of it but opted. to tune in with the audiobook instead and that was a good decision since I got on with it faster than I thought and pulled me out such frustrating situations in the book that might perhaps hinder me to finish the story.

The concept was good I liked it due to the poison plants info. though it needs more work/improvement.Some character(s) nice though the lead young ones Jessamine & Weed seriously these kids needs to go out and learn some more esp. Jes, out there in the real world she's so love blind ugh and needs to go further her education.It's so weird weed's unknown origin,quite an odd fellow indeed those are mad times to be the likes of him I thought he has gone cray! to think he's with the friar and yet doesn't know to say grace or more stuff he should have known.Mr. Luxton is definitely asking for it! for things to go wrong,he's strict (I do understand what for) but oh men! There are lots to be done with these characters.

The story took an unexpected crazy weird I don't want it too happen though I kinda saw it comin that it surprised and shocked me still it's so annoying! AH!  >.<

It might take awhile for me to pick up the sequel though I wonder what would be Jes's final verdict.

No comments:

Post a Comment