Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Crank by Ellen Hopkins



Category: Poetry,Realistic Fiction,Adult
Format: Paperback
Page Count: 537
Published: October 5th 2004 by Simon Pulse
ISBN: 0689865198 (ISBN13: 9780689865190)
Language: English
About the book:
Kristina Georgia Snow is the perfect daughter: gifted high school junior, quiet, never any trouble. But on a trip to visit her absentee father, Kristina disappears and Bree takes her place. Bree is the exact opposite of Kristina -- she's fearless.(more)

My Review: 5 stars

I'm instantly hooked into reading the moment I laid my eyes on this I really have no idea what's the fuss is all about why this book is banned/challenged,what is crank etc. until I started reading it! and OMG! why didn't I read/discover this book before?! it's so good I can't stop reading let alone put it down it's that fantastic! I love the cover it's very simple yet it conveys the message on what the book is all about,it's fast paced,cool poem like structure format,the lines,spacing,easy on the eyes,thick but very light book!hands down to Ellen Hopkins now I know the reasons behind all of it,it's very mind opening,it taught me a lot of things because of the plot all these twist and turn about the character's life,choices (some good and bad) from that I learned to do the right thing,to say NO!,stand firm and never give in to something that I know is wrong and a whole lot more.This does not at all affect me whatsoever to do anything illegal and such this took me to a perspective,euphoria,elation,what it felt like to be in a complete high state of mind (to be honest I don't need vices such as drugs,booze,weed,cigars to get high because I'm naturally high,the good kind I know my limits and I learned a lot from my and others life experiences) anyway I can't wait to read book two in order to unravel and continue their stories. It's really up to the reader on how they view life,dilemmas,choices,picking out their books all I'm saying is that free your mind and read an banned book!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kim

    Have seen this book before and didn't know whether it was good but thanks for recommending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Cassandra you're welcome it's really good I like her writing style,truly a quick read see/read for yourself ^_^

    ReplyDelete